Are you in the market for a new ATV and wondering how fast a 300cc ATV can go? If that is the case, you have arrived at the right place. I’ve been riding ATVs all my life, and if I am being honest, 300cc quads have always been my favorite. Today I will showcase the top speed that a 300cc ATV reaches.
In general, 300cc ATVs go as fast as 55 to 65 MPH. The speed that a 300cc ATV tops at varies depending on factors such as the make, weight, and terrain. The most popular 300cc quads on the market are the Polaris Sportsman 300, Yamaha Grizzly 300, and the Honda Recon 300. These four-wheelers are great for beginner and intermediate ATV riders who want to explore the unbeaten path because they offer fast speeds and easy maneuverability.
Whether you are an intermediate rider looking for a fast and fun offroad experience or just curious about how fast a 300cc ATV can go, I have all the information you need. Stick around for the end because I am presenting the best 300cc quads on the market as well. With that said, strap in, and let’s get started.
How Fast Does a 300cc ATV Go?
300cc ATVs can reach maximum speeds of 55 to 65 MPH. While this might seem that fast, I assure you that riding at 60 MPH on a four-wheeler is enough to get your adrenaline pumping. While 250cc ATVs that feature a top speed of 45 to 50 MPH are designed for beginners, 300cc ATVs are the better choice for intermediate riders who want to conquer difficult trails. Whether you are interested in riding on mountain roads or through muddy trails, you can rest assured knowing that a 300cc engine is powerful enough to get you through the most challenging trails.
Since I am talking about the top speed that a 300CC ATV can reach, it’s important to highlight that you will only be able to go as fast as 55 to 65 MPH on a straight paved road. It’s almost impossible to go that fast on bumpy terrain without swerving into the ditch. Therefore, I advise all riders (especially beginners) only to go max speed when they are riding on safe terrains. Are you new to ATVs? In that case, you should check out this long list of things you should not do on an ATV.
The Best 300cc ATVs on the Market
If you are thinking about buying a 300CC ATV, you should be pleased to know that there are plenty of options to choose from on the market. In fact, some of the world’s most popular four-wheelers are fueled by this type of engine. Nonetheless, I have selected the top 3 best 300cc ATVs that you can get, and you can check them out below.
#1 Polaris Sportsman 300
Right from the start, I want to mention that the Polaris Sportsman 300 is renowned for its comfortable ride and reliable performance. This is a reliable four-wheeler that you can take on any type of trail without worrying about getting stuck. Here are the highlight specs:
- Engine: the ATV is powered by a liquid-cooled, 4-stroke engine that delivers reliable and consistent power;
- Transmission: Polaris has equipped the four-wheeler with an automatic transmission system, which makes it a great fit for beginners who don’t want to worry about shifting gears;
- Suspension: Sportsman 300 features front and rear suspension that provide a smooth and comfortable ride, even on bumpy roads;
- Tires: the ATV uses high-quality stock tires that give it the necessary traction to deal with any type of terrain;
- Weight: it weighs around 500 pounds, thus being easy to maneuver in tight spots;
- Safety: the ATV is equipped with a slew of safety features like a shut-off switch.
#2 Yamaha Grizzly 300
Yamaha makes some of the world’s best four-wheelers. Therefore, it shouldn’t be a surprise that its Grizzly 300 is featured on our list. The 300cc ATV impresses with its premium build and quality. Here are some of its key specs:
- Engine: the Yamaha quad is powered by a single-cylinder, 4-stroke engine;
- Transmission: the ATV is equipped with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) that provides smooth and seamless shifting, even under heavy loads;
- Suspension: Yamaha has equipped the four-wheeler with an independent double wishbone suspension system on the front side and swingarm on the rear to ensure maximum comfort
- Tires: Grizzly 300 comes equipped with premium tires right out of the factory;
- Weight: it weighs around 600 pounds, making it a bit heavier than other 300cc ATVs, but still easy to handle and maneuver;
- Safety: it comes equipped with a safety shut-off feature that is ideal for beginners.
#3 Honda Recon 300
If there is one thing that you can be sure about when it comes to Honda, it has to be the fact that you are getting a premium product if you choose to go with this brand. Let’s check out the highlight specs that the model offers:
- Engine: since this is a 300cc ATV, it uses an air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke engine that delivers impressive performances;
- Transmission: Recon 300 uses a five-speed ATV-style semi-automatic with reverse;
- Suspension: the ATV features a frontal independent double-wishbone suspension and swingarm with a single shock on the rear;
- Tires: Honda has equipped the four-wheeler with premium 22 x 7-11 front tires and 22 x 10-9 rear tires;
- Weight: it weighs 437 pounds (with a full tank of fuel);
- Safety: it features a safety shut-off button.
As you can see, the top seed that a 300cc ATV reaches is 55 to 65 MPH. This type of speed can only be reached on straight roads where the rider doesn’t have to deal with any obstacles. Moreover, there are many 300CC quads to choose from, and the ones made by Polaris, Yamaha, and Honda are the best you can get. Before signing off, I want to let you know that I wrote a huge article where I present the fastest ATVs on the market. You can access the article by clicking here.